Rockwell Automation Software/FactoryTalk AssetCentre
FactoryTalk AssetCentre contains a complete set of asset-centric focused tools to securely and centrally manage our factory and process automation production environments by
- securing access to the control system
- tracking users' actions
- managing asset configuration files
- configuring process instruments and
- providing backup and recovery of operating asset configurations
FactoryTalk AssetCentre has a scaleable design that allows for both easy expansion of asset counts and extensible feature sets. It also provides us an application adaptable to small line applications or site-wide installations. The flexibility and scalability of FactoryTalk AssetCentre can greatly help us and our organization in meeting our production goals.
FactoryTalk AssetCentre incorporates following seven significant features:
- Source Control — leverages a centralized database to provide automatic version control. This enables proper file management and single master relationships.
- Calibration Management — manages master instrument records, calibrations schedules, procedures and calibration results for process instruments electronically.
- Audits — gather information centrally that is generated by user interactions with Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk-enabled applications, including FactoryTalk AssetCentre. The audit trail consists of user, device, computer, time and action taken.
- Events — collect system-generated information centrally from FactoryTalk-enabled applications, including FactoryTalk AssetCentre. Typical event information may include time, source generating or messaging.
- Security — leverage powerful features of FactoryTalk Security to administer users and passwords on operator interfaces, historians, engineering and maintenance workstations. It even enforces security rights when machines are disconnected from the LAN.
- Reporting — scheduled and on-demand searches and traceability information from FactoryTalk Audit, Events or Source Control.
- Scheduler — runs periodic tasks or reports. These are assigned to FactoryTalk AssetCentre-designated computers, or agents, and are load-balanced automatically across all agents.
Following are the benefits offered by FactoryTalk AssetCentre:
- Secure access to the control system
- Prevent unauthorized or unwanted changes from occurring in running processes or files
- Have a documented audit trail for Rockwell Automation devices of who made what changes and when those changes were made to device programs
- Have an unambiguous record of who made changes to a specific device or file
- Able to maintain version control for all system files
- At all times it can identify the location of most current version of our program
- Can confirm that the correct and validated configuration or programming is currently in a device
FactoryTalk AssetCentre Machine Edition
It provides a stand-alone tool for gathering, managing and securing automation assets across a machine, cell or line and more significantly, it can do this automatically, with limited additional management oversight or work from employees. This Edition is built on a server which provides common base functions and built-in capabilities allowing us to control certain functions for Rockwell Automation asset types. Via FactoryTalk AssetCentre Machine Edition we can get all the above benefits offered by FactoryTalk AssetCentre.