Rockwell Automation Software/FactoryTalk Portal
The FactoryTalk Portal is a part of the FactoryTalk Integrated Production and Performance Suite. It enables manufacturers to merge their Web-based interfaces into single configurable and convenient launch point. In our manufacturing processes FactoryTalk Portal furnishes:
- Improved productivity through personalized and collaborative access to information, applications, processes, and people.
- Information where it needs to go and to the right people.
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by providing a platform for manufacturing applications.
FactoryTalk Portal server software presents core portal services like
- Role-based access to applications and content
- Portlet development capabilities (the visible, active components in a portal page).
- FactoryTalk Portal is designed to integrate with collaboration, security, and extended search systems from other vendors, while providing a reliable point of access to our manufacturing information, applications, and people.
- FactoryTalk Portal server software goes beyond such basic functionality with personalization. A portal site using personalization can exhibit different reports to managers than it shows to operators, for example. Personalization technology allows proper content selections to be made based on user metadata versus user metadata rules. If we don't know where to find the required information we can use FactoryTalk Portal's search function.
FactoryTalk Portal include following benefits:
- Support for various customary Internet, portal, portlet, and Java standards.
- Simple content management features in FactoryTalk Portal enables us to manage portal pages and the portlets on those pages without any programming.
- Easy access to reports and objects from other FactoryTalk-enabled applications.
- As users, we can choose not only which applications/portlets the portal should display, but even which information we wish to see in the portlet.