Rockwell Automation Software/FactoryTalk VantagePoint
FactoryTalk Vantage Point is an application integration platform which basically merges current and legacy systems in a heterogeneous manufacturing environment to create a virtual, homogeneous data source for plant-wide reporting. It provides excellent value in accessing FactoryTalk data, but also does extremely well at combining and correlating with data derived from other control and SCADA systems. It has optional connectors for OPC DA real-time devices, OPC HDA (historians), and Invensis Wonderware IndustrialSQL Server.
FactoryTalk Vantage Point
- Provides unified access to virtually all manufacturing/plant data sources.
- Produces web-based reports like dashboards, trends, X-Y plots, Microsoft Excel reports and much more which can be used by manufacturing operators, engineers, supervisors, management and executives all over the plant (for managing cost, quality, production, assets and resources more successfully).
- Connect to Logix and FactoryTalk Historian to enable users to generate meaningful and pre-configured reports just about instantly.
- Measures time-to-value in hours only and not in days or weeks.
FactoryTalk Vantage Point grants access to an assortment of data sources, aggregates and analyzes the information into web-based reports leading to greater manufacturing effectiveness and IT agility. FactoryTalk Vantage Point can be of great help in manufacturing operations since in an incredibly short time after installation, it:
- Overcomes economic challenges by trimming down costs and optimizing production capabilities.
- Improves sustainability results by preserving energy, diminishing scrap and waste and reinforcing best practices and regulatory compliance.
- Enhances global competitiveness by combining manufacturing information across all assets and resources, by reducing demand forecast errors and assuring customer commitments and contentment.
- Augments production agility by curtailing product development and launch cycles, observing production variants, enhancing overall product quality, rising above asset constraints and most significantly, capitalizing on resource utilization.