Rockwell Automation Software/FactoryTalk eProcedure
FactoryTalk eProcedure is a part of the Integrated Architecture which is mainly employed for automation of manual procedures. It makes use of an interactive, web-based interface to provide this capability and improve operator consistency, facilitate cost-effective regulatory compliance, and streamline data collection. Besides, FactoryTalk eProcedure presents manual procedure accountability and unified data flow.
FactoryTalk eProcedure provides a user-friendly interface for equipment operators and at the same time provides a powerful back-end mechanism for data collection and transfer. Also, it allocates resources, executes sequences, displays instructions to operators, and logs all responses. Both stationary as well as mobile operations are supported by FactoryTalk eProcedure. Moreover, we can use our existing intranet without needing any additional hardware since the eProcedure interface suits well to all the existing systems.
Procedure automation benefits with no expense of equipment automation are generally offered by FactoryTalk eProcedure. Few of its significant benefits include:
- It supports 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulatory requirements
- Streamlines data collection
- Provides the same consistency as automated controls for manual operations
- Utilizes an interactive, web-based interface to sequence and document manufacturing operations
- Allows choice of media for delivering operating instructions through HTML procedure delivery
FactoryTalk eProcedure version 10.00 is the latest available version which consists of following enhanced features:
- Smart Binding i.e. configurable requirements and preferences in unit selection for optimal procedural flow and recipe management.
- Timer Steps including built in timer capabilities to reduce engineering and validation costs.
- Recipe SFC Structure Validation by means of test procedures against recipe structure errors.
- Better Client Capabilities such as FactoryTalk eProcedure web client and Active X - all control recipe configuration options on one screen.