Rockwell Automation Software/RSNetWorx
RSNetWorx products provide design and configuration management services for following installations:
- ControlNet International's ControlNet
- Open DeviceNet Vendor Association's DeviceNet networks
- Ethernet I/P
With the help of RSNetWorx, maximum productivity can be attained with our ControlNet and DeviceNet installations. This simple software interface makes it possible to define and configure the devices on our network rapidly without any trouble. Devices can be defined either offline using drag and drop operations or online by using RSLinx to browse a ControlNet or DeviceNet network.
Most prominent features of RSNetWorx include:
1. Take advantage of producer/consumer model of information transfer, define input and output exchanges between devices on the network
2. One button for complete network upload/download
3. Network scheduling and bandwidth calculations
4. Drill down approach to viewing
5. Point-and-click configuration
6. Library of devices
7. Identification of configuration conflicts
8. Set relationships between controllers and I/O
9. Automatic mapping of input and output data between networked devices and controller memory
10. Support for Automatic Device Replacement where appropriate
11. True multi-vendor interoperability with Electronic Data Sheet (EDS) services provided by the software to facilitate device configuration and field installation of support for new devices 12. HTML-formatted reports
Following are the benefits offered by RSNetWorx:
- Rapid configuration of ControlNet, Ethernet/IP and DeviceNet networks by means of a Windows-based point-and-click interface.
- Flexibility to edit configurations online or offline.
- Easy browsing online with the RSLinx tree control to locate the network for viewing or editing.
- Configuring network parameters, such as Network Update Time (NUT) and maximum scheduled or unscheduled addresses.
- Online scanning for the current network for devices. Devices not existing in the current configuration are added to the pending configuration.
- Logging of RSNetWorx audit messages for instance, online/offline mode transition, edits enabled, upload/download) to a dedicated server application.
- Logging of RSNetWorx device health messages (for example, device excluded from diagnostic scan or device identity mismatch) to a dedicated server application.
- Scheduling unattended background diagnostic scans on any combination of DeviceNet, ControlNet, or EtherNet/IP networks with RSNetWorx MD Diagnostic Scheduler. Once scheduled, these background diagnostic scans are performed automatically whenever the computer is on.