Rockwell Automation Software/RSLogix Emulate
RSLogix 5000 Enterprise Series software is designed to work with the Rockwell Automation Logix platforms such as ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, SoftLogix5800 and DriveLogix. With RSLogix 5000 Enterprise Series software, we need only one software package for sequential, process, drive, and motion control programming. The RSLogix 5000 Enterprise Series environment presents an easy-to-use, IEC61131-3 compliant interface, symbolic programming with structures and arrays, and a wide-ranging instruction set that serves numerous types of applications.
- RSLogix 5000 Enterprise Series provides support for the S88 equipment phase state model for batch and machine control applications using the PhaseManager optional feature.
- RSLogix 5000 version 12.0 or higher is used to program the emulator and observe its operation whereas RSLinx Classic version 2.50 or higher is required for communicating with the emulator.
- For development of application programs, RSLogix Emulate 5000 supports relay ladder, structured text, function block diagram, and sequential function chart editors.
- RSLogix Emulate can now be used for Troubleshooting, Ladder logic scanning options and Serial device Emulation.
Major benefits of RSLogix Emulate 5000 include:
- It has the potential to test application code and HMI screens at our desk without using real hardware.
- It reduces equipment failures and related costs resulting from application programming errors.
- It lessens our development and integration time.
- Via RSLogix Emulate 5000, one can get a head start on next project since it eliminates the need to wait for hardware or machine availability for initiating development.